12 Sep 2012

Alexander Wang Spring 2013


Wow what can I say. This is what I love about fashion. Wang's RTW collection for spring is definitely one of the most interesting, playful and intriguing collection I've seen this year. There were his sports and military inspired silhouettes in white and black leather, which brought power and toughness, while still keeping that feminine touch with the cut-outs. Oh the cut-outs! In an interview Wang said - "After last season's austerity, I wanted to pull garments apart, experiment with volumes." Well that is exactly what he did with those incredible pieces with 'hovering-like', clean cut-outs.
 I don't know about you but the shoes in this collection really caught my eye. They are almost a gladiator shoe but more on the chic side. Just like everything else in this collection the shoes were clean cut, angled and bold. This collection definitely looks like a chic futuristic girl's wardrobe. Amazing how he really brought something new to the table. For the hair and makeup on the runway, he kept it sleek and simple allowing the clothes to be the focus point of the show as well as it complementer the overall look of the collection. So here are so of my favourite pieces.

 photos via style

In my opinion his collection really lived up to the expectation. A very fashion forward collection.

 What do you think about this collection? 

xx- M

Follow on facebook | bloglovin | twitter 

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the follow,dear.^^
    Follow you back on gfc. Do you also follow me on bloglovin??? Let me know follow you then back again.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing looks! Love Alexander Wang:)
    Followed you back by the way!

    --The Urban Lioness
    www.theurbanlioness.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post and blog!
    thanks for your comment on my blog, I'm following you now, I hope you can follow me back :)

    -Nickie
    http://nickiesworldofstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2d and 3d are great!))

    very nice blog by the way ;)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet

    !!! LEAVE COMMENT AND WIN RAY-BAN ON MY BLOG !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the collection!

    http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was an interesting monochrome collection. Very chic, minimalist and trendy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! :)
    http://liberty-walk-sara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's nothing I don't adore about this,wow great post honey!;)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great post! I had no idea you had a blog Mariana, you should have told me! I absolutely love it, you're doing such a great job with it! I love Alexander Wang too :)

    ♡ veena | seveninchstilettos.com
    twitter/instagram: @veenamccoole

    ReplyDelete
  10. God, how I love this collection!

    www.kimgodschalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I seriously loved this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This collection is so amazing and breath tacking and revolutionnary!
    TheVaniyTheory

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really am grateful for each and every comment I get. Do leave me your blog link if you'd like me to check out your blog!

Feel free to contact me if you've any questions or comments at: maribranicio@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...