1 Sep 2012

Bright Blue Eyes for Fall 2012

Prabal Gurung, NY Fall/Winter 2012. via  selfservice
This Fall/Winter tend is one that I'm finding really interesting. I'm  really enjoying the way that many designers are using very bright colours on the eyes of models for their runway shows. On this post I'm really focusing on the makeup looks for the Fall/Winter 2012 runway shows of Anna Sui, Stella McCartney and Prabal Gurung where they used lots of blue and some touches of green.

Anna Sui
individual pics via style

Instead of going with the the normal black cat eye, for fall it has gone technicolour. The CoverGirl global creative design director, Pat McGrath, explained the thick line on the upper lash of the models with a flick on the end - "You draw your shape, fill it in, and add your shadow". As a finishing touch she added hand-coloured and hand-cut circular stickers, below the models' lower lash line, lined with their pupils - "It adds a little extra interest"

 Stella McCartney
 individual pics via style

There is a really fun and youthful feel to the looks of Stella McCartney fall 2012 runway show. Very clear skin with nothing dramatic but some blue mascara. According to the Wella global creative director  "She's cool (Stella McCartney), so I think the girls in her show should be cool".

 Prabal Gurung
individual pics via eyeshadowlipstick

Just like the other two designers' runway looks, for the Prabal Gurung 2012 Fall runway show, the makeup was very simple except for the eyes. Skin and lips were very simple and clear to balance out for the bright eyes. Helena Rubenstein creative director, Charlotte Tilbury, was inspired by feather patterns of birds to create this look - applying vibrant and natural tones in diagonal brush strokes "to mimic the feather pattern of a bird". 

pics via stylebistro and passingfancyy

These looks are a bit to much for most of us, however, you can always go for adding a little bit of blue mascara into your looks. Another way you can wear this trend is by applying black eyeliner for your upper lash line and then adding blue eyeliner for your lower lash and joining it with the corner of the cat eye (just like the above pics). This will brighten your eyes making you look more awake. These are ways to rock this trend without it being too overwhelming.

So what do you think about these looks?  Are you going to try it out? 

xx- M

Follow on facebook | bloglovin | twitter 


3 comments:

  1. Im loving the blue eyes-I'm going to have to try! :) Thanks for the sweet comment and stopping by my blog. Your blog is awesome-following you back!! Let's keep in touch. Happy Blogging!!!

    Elle xoxo

    www.thehighfeather.com 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this post is so awesome! i love this new fall trend... I'll definitely make sure to try it out! I really like the Anna Sui look in particular!

    I'm your newest follower via google (#5) I'd love it if you could check out my blog and maybe follow as well?

    xoxo
    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This trend is so interesting! I love how unique it is but I am not sure if it is a trend I would want to try out. Lovely post!
    You have an amazing blog! Thank you so much for following me - I am now following you too!

    xoxo, Meera

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really am grateful for each and every comment I get. Do leave me your blog link if you'd like me to check out your blog!

Feel free to contact me if you've any questions or comments at: maribranicio@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...