26 Sep 2012

Spring Stripes


Here is one of my Spring 2013 favourites. This is one of those things that never really go out of style but for this coming spring, this trend really is under the spot light. Spring 2013 stripes have come in all colours and sizes. I just loved to see the different spins on it by the many designers. From the 60s inspired stripes in the Marc Jacobs collection to the very graphic ones in the Michael Kors Spring RTW. So lets get started.

Marc Jacobs

Marc Jacobs has done a fantastic job in showing that stripes can really be stylised. His take on the 60s silhouettes while still making it look modern really impressed. With many button down pieces and mostly monochrome shades, Jacobs showed simplicity as well as how you can work both vertical and horizontal stripes.

Michael Kors

Michael Kors went to a different direction with his stripes. Sporty and graphic is what I would describe it. Kors stuck with neutral colours for the more crisp pieces and went for primary and secondary colours on his more sporty items. Kors's stripes do also hint the 60s but in a more sharp manner. 

Dolce & Gabbana
All individual pics via style

The stripes in the Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2013 collection had a very casual, beach feel to them, which is quite different from the many other ones we've been seeing. The collection these were found in were inspired by Dolce's native Sicily, which is where the fun colours and pairings came from. Many of these pieces really do live up to the RTW purpose and could go directly to my closet (a girl can dream ok?).


I am so excited about this trend! I think I might even do a 'get inspired' street looks post on them. So what do you think about this Spring trend? Leave me a comment; I would love to know what you think.

x-M

31 comments:

  1. I love the post! Your blog is absolutely amazing! :)

    http://www.martasfashiondiary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. it´s cool and extremly good, love this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally in love with D&G collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing photos! love the stripes!

    lots of love from the c&p girls,
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. buen post! una coleccion increible

    pasate por mi blog que tengo nuevo post
    http://sweet-perdition.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chanced upon your blog and enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful chain my friends …. It is acting like a guide for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great to see that you are fashion blogging at your young age!--keep up the good work!

    xo
    Paige

    www.punkrockparti.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh I'll just stare for a while:)) Amazing,honey,WOW!;)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. una coleccion increible! me encanta

    pásate por mi blog que tengo nuevo post DICTIONARY OF FASHION #3
    http://sweet-perdition.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it!!!!
    brazil
    http://julialis.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  12. just stunning!!!!!!!!!!!

    p.s. let us know if you would like to follow each other



    http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love stripes,so I can't wait:)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marc Jacobs show was one of our favourites or NY Fashion Week (Alexander Wang drove us nuts as well)We´ve fallen in love with Dolce and Gabbana collection, so barroque and perfect!!

    Thanks for te following we´re following you back! ;)

    KISSES
    New post with our london trend scouting on: http://sharpenstyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  15. followed you back pretty girl!!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving all those stripes, that's such a highlight in EVERY Spring Summer collection and I absolutely love that it's a recurring trend! Great choice of pictures :) Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog!

    ♡ veena | seveninchstilettos.com
    twitter/instagram: @veenamccoole

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, all these collections are beautiful; they all did stripes wonderfully but in their own way. I can't wait for Spring! A great post, I'm following your blog now :D Would you like to follow eachother? :)

    pariswhenitspink.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. These stripes are all so gorgeous for Spring! I absolutely adore the photographs. Marc Jacobs did such a lovely take on stripes! Lovely post.

    xoxo, Meera

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love stripes. Beautiful pictures!

    XO Jules
    http://www.stylebyjules.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks,for your lovely comment.^^

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm fourteen too! :) Just love your blog, and all the photos :)

    -- I want to live in L. A --

    xx, claudia

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this stripe trend that is going on, plus the color of the outfits in these pictures are beautiful! :D



    backtofive.blogspot.com
    backtofive's twitter
    Bloggers Against Social Injustice


    See you soon at backtofive! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. hellooo :)
    I totally love this post. followed you on bloglovin and gfc <3

    smudged-fingerprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love stripes! If you want go to my blog:)
    http://asunshineoffashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing! Love it.
    Maybe we could follow each other? <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous stripe inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Perfect!! kisses**

    http://coral-charm-style.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really am grateful for each and every comment I get. Do leave me your blog link if you'd like me to check out your blog!

Feel free to contact me if you've any questions or comments at: maribranicio@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...