9 Nov 2012

Peplum


First introduces into the world of high fashion by Dior in the 1940s and very popular during the '80s the peplum trend, once again, has made a huge comeback on the runways and in the international fashion scene. Seen in many Spring/Summer 2012 collections and now in this year's Fall/Winter runways. Designers such as Peter Som, Zac Posen, Lavin and a number of others have played a part in modernizing these flared ruffles attached to a waistline but still keeping the ladylike and elegant fell they had in the '50s through to the '60s. 
Peplum pieces look best paired with streamlined clothing such as a pencil skirt, sleek trousers or skinny jeans and... confidence! They are wonderful in the sense that peplums balance out an apple shaped body, accentuate a hourglass shape and add fullness and curves to a rectangular shaped body
So here are some of my favourite Fall 2012 collections' peplum looks ranging from feathers to leather:




And here are some of my picks for very wearable peplum tops that you can find online and in stores
 (and they're all under S$65!): 
a | b | c | d | e | f | g | h | i 

You can check out more peplum pieces online here - asosnew lookurban outfitterstopshopzaraforever 21

What do you think about peplum pieces? Do you have any in your closet?
 Do let me know.

xx- M

Follow on facebook | bloglovin | twitter 

21 comments:

  1. I love love love your highstreet picks, and the range of different peplum styles you chose from the catwalk.
    Brilliant post!
    Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really into peplum but some of these dresses are amazing :)
    Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful post! I am such a huge fan of peplum right now. In fact, my latest outfit post features it! Thank you for your comment on my blog ♥

    xoxo, Meera
    www.momentswithmeera.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The peplum is such a feminine shape and looks great on any body type. You picked some great examples, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mariana,
    Thanks for the kind words! You blog is beautiful too! I can't believe the talent you have for such a young girl!
    Keep up the fantastic work and i'll be sure to keep an eye out for you!

    Martina xx
    www.modelwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything peplum!!
    Nice blog btw!

    >>>>> milna89.blogspot.com <<<<<<

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful picks!
    I'm loving this trend as well, makes me feel very feminine!

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. great :)
    love your blog :)
    following u now via GFC, hope yo do the same..kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! But isnt it a bit out already...?

    WorldByBella

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a super fan of peplum!! I have a coral dress that can be worn as top and skirt, a white top and a cream jacket :)
    Andrea in Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love peplum and those pieces are gorgeous!

    kisses Keke (Pakize)

    http://madamekeke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the bracelets!

    X Jenny
    Rocknrollerr.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. peplum is so great!

    x
    http://worryaboutitlaterr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the peplum trend

    visit my blog?
    jessillesilv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Peplum is definately something I secretly liked but feared that it will never find it's way to wardrobe, but now I finally decided to get it into my wardrobe :)

    Like the variety of peplums in this post!<3

    Nietzu
    nietzu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the peplums! THey are probably my favorite trend!

    -Meghan

    http://meggiefrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this trend, i am obssed with it! http://therunwayoflife.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love tops in this style. Unfortunately I don't own any but I love the funk print for shirt lettered D. I have to add it my wish list.

    You have an amazing blog and you're so young! Keep it up girl! You like drama, do you act? I'm a musical theatre major in college but lacking on the dancing part, haha.

    Great post! I'm following you now :)

    -B
    Check out my blog, maybe we have common interests
    www.mighty-bside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really am grateful for each and every comment I get. Do leave me your blog link if you'd like me to check out your blog!

Feel free to contact me if you've any questions or comments at: maribranicio@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...