18 Mar 2013

Blogger Q&A with Holly

Meet Holly Corsie, the fashion with photography graduate behind the blog HC Fashion Insider! She has some impeccable style showcased in her outfit posts and with the experience in working in the fashion industry, her advice blog posts are a must read for anyone with a longing to make it in the industry. And so, read on to find out a little more about Holly!


1. Describe your style in 3 words.
Wow this is a really hard question! Minimalist... Monochromatic... Chic?

2. Favourite trend at the moment?
It definitely has to be Monochrome! (As most of my wardrobe is black and white!)

3.One item currently on your wishlist?
Oh gosh this is a hard question because it's so long! I've already spotted lots of stuff for my holiday to Ibiza in June. But my biggest want is probably the Luxor mock-croc ankle boots by Maison Martin Margiela. They were used on a shoot whilst I was at Selfridges and I fell in love with them. They're a perfect piece for my Spring/Summer'13 wardrobe! But they're £530... A girl can dream!

4. What are some things you can't live without?
It's so obvious and boring but my phone! It holds everything from my blog post ideas to my work schedule, to general thoughts and inspiration - Don't know what i'd do without it! So many brilliant apps out there at the moment to help store all of this inspiration!

5. If you could go on a free shopping spree anywhere, where would it be?
The obvious choice would be Selfridges - all the designer lot in one store! But my choice would be Nasty Gal as I LOVE everything on the site, and the chances are no one else in London would be wearing it!

6. Five basic essentials every girl should have in her closet?
- Perfect black skinny jean
- Well fitting white shirt/blouse with interesting details
- Statement Ankle Boot
- Leather Jacket
- A printed trouser

7. What are you hoping to achieve in blogging this year?
I've been so so busy freelancing at ASOS and Selfridges that I haven't dedicated as much time to my blog that I would have liked. I really want to get to know my readers on a deeper level and find out what content they love the most. This is turn will help me build my niche, and hopefully make my blog more successful and relevant. 

8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
It's always been my dream to live and work in New York. But i'm a London girl and heart, always have been always will be, so i'm happy living and working in London. I really do love this magical city.

9. Something you are looking forward to?
I generally looking forward to the year ahead. I've just started my career in fashion and everyday is a new experience (both the ups and downs!). You never know what's around the corner!

10. Any advice for people wanting to break into the fashion industry?
I could write a massive essay here! One of the points to my blog is to give people in my position, trying to make it in the fashion industry advice from my point of view and what I've been through. I have a whole section on my blog about how to write your CV, ace interviews and be a good fashion intern (HC Creative Industry Advice) so check it out!
 My main advice though (as obvious as it may sound) is be patient, work as hard as you can, be grateful for every opportunity, and don't give up - If you want it enough then eventually you will reach success!

 +Follow Holly on GFCInstagramBloglovin'twitter and on lookbook.nu.

xx- M 

17 comments:

  1. I'm also very monochromatic right now. I like so much the pics, i love necklace!

    xxx


    http://letitbefashion2.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice ---------------- http://fashione123.blogspot.com/2013/03/warda-designer-summer-collection-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and the whole blog Dear ! of course I'd lve to follow each other , following You now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as I see We've already following each other :)

      Delete
  4. Que lindo eu adorei.

    www.naiircrislayne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview! Following you. Loved your March wishlist too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. would you like to follow each other just let me know I wait for you on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my,how gorgeous is this,honey!!
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you just keep getting better in my eyes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post..!! enjoying while reading this post. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for this post! I like to meet with new fashion bloggers.
    From province

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post. check out our blog would love to follow each other on GFC and BLOGLOVIN. let us know. kisses from kenya.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great interview!

    http://colorsandthreads.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look absolutely gorgeous, my dear!

    Have a Lovely Week,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic.
    This is such a great interview, and it's so cool that you went out of your way to highlight another blogger. I checked out her blog, and it's seriously quality stuff!~ I see why you follow her. Her post on statement necklaces was comprehensive and great to read.

    glad you commented on my blog, 'cause now I've found yours!

    I'm also totally digging the sleeveless blue tops.

    -Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  15. she seems great!! Great style too!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really am grateful for each and every comment I get. Do leave me your blog link if you'd like me to check out your blog!

Feel free to contact me if you've any questions or comments at: maribranicio@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...