27 Mar 2013

Metallics for Spring '13

In Burberry Prorsum Spring '13: vogue

 And so here we are in this fast-paced world that has undeniably affected the fashion industry. Where runway shows are now streamed live around the planet, fashion buys are just a few clicks away and backstage photos are easier to get a hold of that ever before. With so much going some designers go for the shock value to stand out (I love this collection as much as the next person, but you have to agree that Alexander Wang spring 2013 had some shock value to it). While other designers go with the overall mood of the future we now live in:  holographic and metallics

We may be bringing back some of that 70s disco vibe but this time it is allot more modern. Adding to that,  back then, people would go for this trend to shine on the disco floor, whereas nowadays  fashion forward (and quite brave) ladies opt for metallics to bring out that elegance and glamour in them.  

So lets talk about the some of the spring designer looks which added to this futuristic extravaganza.

Iridescent vibrant fabrics were the perfect addition to these looks above. At Diane Von Furstenberg we saw the use of  glitter, one of the most classic way to glamorise any outfit. While at Burberry, we let the fabric do the talking. A marvellous combination: simple and clean lines, paired with lustrous fabric. Emphasizing the cut and voluminous peplum shape of this Aquilano Rimondi dress the coloured metallic was a great touch.

Keeping it as glamorous as possible at Versace with this sequinned flock with bold shoulders. With very simple and clean lines at Jonathan Saunders, the holographic fabric takes centre stage. And this head-to-toe metallic look by Nina Ricci is such a simple but great upgrade to the blouse and pencil skirt combination.

So how do you feel about this trend? 
What's your favourite look from the ones above?

xx- M

Follow me on twitter | facebook | bloglovin!

14 comments:

  1. I really like this trend. My favorite look is the first one.
    Kiss.

    Valeria.
    http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really loving metallic clothes at the moment. The Burberry trench coat is my favorite metallic item right now. I'm your newest follower.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing!

    www.glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome outfit and blog dear! Let's follow each other!
    Stay in touch!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Lovely to connect. I love the metallic looks here - always so strong. :)

    Julia x

    http://www.stylonylon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to follow each other on bloglovin.
    Let me know with a comment and I always follow back

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG,this is so amazing,I love the post!
    Your blog is great hun,If you like take a look on my blog,would you like to follow each other?
    Wish you a nice week! <3
    xoxo
    VIEWRAMA

    my
    fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the trend, especially metallic shoes:-)

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing,love metallic.*___*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing post! I'm a new follower to your blog, please check mine out? :)
    http://lolita-kitten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chanced upon your blog and enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful looks!!! I like your blog! would you like to follow each other?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really am grateful for each and every comment I get. Do leave me your blog link if you'd like me to check out your blog!

Feel free to contact me if you've any questions or comments at: maribranicio@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...