16 Mar 2013

Spring must have | Denim tops

1. | 2. | 3.

Buttondown denim shirts have been in the closet of cowboys for centuries, but only in the past couple of decades has the fashion industry reinvented denim buttondowns for modern trends. Being such a timeless piece, these fit right in with any season you desire, but for this post, I'm naming it a Spring must have. Whether you want to and pair it with a pair of high waisted white pants (see above) or as a vest complementing a floral dress, you can never be out of style with a simple denim top. If you are feeling a bit more risky, you can even go for a denim on denim ensemble (see below) as long as the washes are different for a head turning look.

4. | 5.6.

I was surprised to see the number of different denim pieces for Spring this year which could be found in high street stores. The pieces you can see here are all from Topshop, which was one of the stores that had such a wide variety of denim pieces, especially tops (oh how I wish I could have them all..). To avoid looking too retro, these pieces I chose all have some modern twist to them. A crop top cut, embellishments on the shoulders, anything goes when turning these timeless pieces into something a bit more "now". So I want to know, are you going to be rocking some denim tops this spring? or is it simply not your thing?


 How do you pair denim tops?
Street style pics via Vogue
xx- M

Follow me on twitter | facebook | bloglovin!

13 comments:

  1. denim is so classic -- can't get enough of it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome tops! love denim

    x
    http://www.worryaboutitlaterr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome collection of pieces, love this trend :)
    www.lillyraebwauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see that you love denim! I can't get enough of it!!!

    (='.'=)
    -Lauren at adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am following you now!
    Hope you can follow me back, Big Kiss*

    http://walk-with-confidence.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love denim too..

    lovelybusybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love number 6! must have! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have very amazing blog, dear! Love it! :)
    I hope you wanna follow each other on GFC & Bloglovin. Pls let me know? ;)

    Join my GIVEAWAY for winning $30 Chicnova voucher!
    HERE : sausanhanifah.blogspot.com/search/label/Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. great blog )
    u have gorg style!!



    Angela Donava

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorei! para mim camisa jeans nunca sai de moda.
    Beijinhos.

    http://sempremissmakeup.blogspot.com.br
    venha me visitar fico grta :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS! Haha..I've been on the hunt for denim tops and have nowhere where to look. Now I do, thanks to you. They are are must-have for my wardrobe this spring. I'm set to go spring shopping in April and I'm trying to round up a small list of my blog-must-haves.

    Thanks!

    -B
    www.mighty-bside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you on this! Currently looking for the perfect denim tops to add to my wardrobe for Spring@ great picks!

    xo, Carla
    misscarlaviolet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the design and content of your blog! Great trend reports! I happened upon your blog and am your newest follower. I would love if you’d visit me at : the daily savant : and tag along if you like! I also have a giveaway on now!

    : signe
    thedailysavant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really am grateful for each and every comment I get. Do leave me your blog link if you'd like me to check out your blog!

Feel free to contact me if you've any questions or comments at: maribranicio@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...