23 Apr 2013

fall '13 illustrations.


Life has been so crazy lately, but then again, when is it not? With some wonderful projects on the way not to mention mid year exams in two weeks time (maybe explaining why I haven't clicked the 'create new post' button in over a week) it feels like the months are going by so fast. With one of these projects being my art coursework, I was sent off to research on illustrations for inspiration. Even though the topic had very little to do with fashion, I somehow ended up finding Caroline Andrieu's fashion illustrations. With a love for portrait drawings and a fine number of collaborations (both Vogue France and Turkey!) not only her powerful illustrations have been and inspiration to me.

 "What interests me is to liven up the sensuality of materials, of colors, to translate the model's expressions and sophistication of the hairstyles. Bring back a picture to Life."Caroline Andrieu
Oh how I am in love with this quote. It translates so well into words how I feel when doing my own illustrations. How you get that proud feeling after you have been working on a piece for a couple of hours and it starts to look just the way you wanted it to (best feeling ever) When you really "bring back a picture to life". And so, I leave you with some of my favourite illustrations from fall 2013 rtw runway shows such as Marc by Marc Jacobs and Rodarte done by Caroline.
What is your favourite illustration from the ones above?

xx- M
runway photos via style.com
Follow me on twitter | facebook | bloglovin | pinterest

7 comments:

  1. The second illustration is one of my favorites.
    Kiss.

    Valeria.
    http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are all so prettily drawn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love them all dear . following you now ! would you mind to check out mine?

    www.zoblanche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous style, adoring your blog!
    check out our new blog – behind the scenes at our fashion agency!

    lots of love from La-La Land
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are gorgeous! its hard to pick but we'd say the first and the last are our favourite! the cheek bones are so well captured!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lovely blog!! What do you think about following each other on GFC or Bloglovin? Please follow me and leave a comment if you're interested and I'll follow back. Hope to hear from you soon.

    xoxo
    Louisa
    http://lapassionvoutee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely my favorite is the Marc by Marc Jacobs one!!

    xxo from NYC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really am grateful for each and every comment I get. Do leave me your blog link if you'd like me to check out your blog!

Feel free to contact me if you've any questions or comments at: maribranicio@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...