27 Jun 2013

Vibrant lower lash | spring summer '13

as seen in the 'Splash' editorial in Cosmopolitan July '13

Jumping out of our comfort zone (and by 'our' I really mean 'my') is never as easy as it seems.. especially when it comes to style and the way we present our selves. Staying the same is never a bad thing but for me I find that as I'm changing as a person and maturing within myself, my style should also evolve with these changes. Other than exploring the fashionable side of the 'wild girl' I know is hiding somewhere within me, I have also enjoyed discovering beauty ways to channel that inner bold girl.

One of the very summer appropriate looks that I have found surprisingly refreshing has been the paired back look natural looking skin and a striking flash of electric aqua blue eyeliner on the lower lash line. This look reflect the very relaxed and lighter weight makeup most of us opt for the summer (because who really wants a cake of makeup when your just going to sweet it off) and even better, it also incorporates that vibrant summer fun too! 


This look has been adapted into the runway looks for both Stella McCartney and Moschino Cheap & Chic spring summer 2013 shows. Both shows featured very light makeup with the exception of the aquamarine blue liner. McCartney's show kept to their usual paired back makeup with only a hint of summer on the eyes. Slightly differently, Moschino Cheap & Chic runway beauty look had more of a strikingly bold effect with the heavier amount of liner.

Will anything similar ever appear on me? Maybe sooner than I expect or I might just leave it to the models. Nonetheless it is something unexpectedly compelling to ponder over.

Would you ever try something like this? 

Google Reader is closing down on July 1st! Before that, make sure to
 follow Going Teen on bloglovin' here if you want to keep up with blog post updates.

x- M

17 comments:

  1. A couple of months ago I read a whole bunch of articles on this. Do you know about the one where you put it on your eyelid? I think I want to try both and do a photoshoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pretty look :)

    http://ttopssss.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look! Such an interesting combination of colours and techniques - this is a must-do for the impending Australian summer! :)

    <3 Mandy xx
    http://frocksandotherfrivolities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is intresting idea :)


    http://zlotapigmejka.blogspot.com/
    Kisses from Poland!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do this a lot (patting on Mac electric eel), I haven't done it in ages though, this post reminds me of how much I used to love it. It certainly makes your makeup look more interesting and a bit more fun! You should def give it a try!

    -Tara x

    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey sweetie! :)
    I kindly invite you to join a giveaway held on my blog!
    Three easy steps and you might find yourself as a winner! :)

    International giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ! Love the blue-eyed thing !
    s

    http://fashion-bakchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. inspired em to to use a dash of blue eyeliner! Looks amazing xx

    www.voguevandal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this looks gorgeous, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to do this! Maybe one day.
    I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award- I love reading your blog x

    http://totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/the-liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a unique beauty idea! It's perfect for summer – bold and a gorgeous color.

    xo, Meera | www.momentswithmeera.com
    twitter + instagram: @meeranavlakha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this make up.... nice post and inspiration :) Check out my blog... and what do you think... do you wanna follow each other?
    www.styleofdarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look amazing http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really am grateful for each and every comment I get. Do leave me your blog link if you'd like me to check out your blog!

Feel free to contact me if you've any questions or comments at: maribranicio@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...