29 Jul 2013

In Black and White

outfit of the day, fashion, style, black and white, b&w
jacket: Lucienne Phillip
skater skirt: H&M
rings/necklace: vintage
shoes: Converse
Top: no brand

To me there is just something so captivating about the combination of black and white. Not so much about the obvious everlasting appeal to it but more about the freedom for expression. Allow me to explain. When I think of wearing the colour red, for example, there is almost an automatic tag that accompanies it - passion, power, love, coca cola? However, when it comes to the black and white duo there is much more space for interpretation. Letting whatever emotion you are feeling shine through, that is what I love so much about it (which explains how my closet is a pool of neutrals.)

I found that the pieces for this outfit fell into place so easily. My new favourite H&M skirt is just the perfect piece to pair with almost anything and proved to be the right amount of femininity this outfit needed. Then comes the stripes, which if you have read my necklaces for summer post, you will know that they are one of my summer go-to prints. To add some contrast and texture to the look I added this bomber-like white jacket from the Brazilian brand Lucienne Phillip. Lastly, to complete the outfit I went for a hint of tomboy with my monochrome converse.

outfit of the day, fashion, style, black and white, b&w

What do you think about this look? 
What is one of your go-to outfits?

xx- M 

19 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely lovely outfit post! That skirt is so gorgeous.

    xo, Meera | www.momentswithmeera.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit and how you styled it!

    I have a new post up and would love to hear what you think!

    xo
    Nicole
    thegreenrayans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look! B&W is always amazing!

    http://fashionenvious.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look! I am so excited to see more posts like this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely summery outfit ! I must say you have the most perfect curls, love your hair !! :-)

    Thanks for your sweet comment dear. I'm following you back :-) xx

    http://colorfullightning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so cute! I agree, there's nothing classier than Black & White. You can play with the colors by dressing them down or up.

    -B

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this post!

    your blog is worthy of following!
    how would you like to follow eachother?

    www.theunwrittenstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ur 15 and ur style is very good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog, follow you now) Hope you follow me back, it would be fantastic;)

    http://fancyshot.blogspot.ru

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was once totally right. This put up truly made my day. You can not consider simply how so much time I had spent for this information! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I'm hell a happy to visit your blog now. It's amazing, you did a great job! Would you like to follow each other on GFC, bloglovin? It would be very great and we could keep in touch though. just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your outfit, simple and very girly! Nice blog!

    I invite you to check also my blog about Parisian lifestyle and fashion.

    xx
    inaparisianstyle.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great casual look & love the play on the photos!
    Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
    Have a fab weekend Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. you can never go wrong with converse and black and white.
    btw, followed you via GFC and bloglovin.
    follow back?
    my blog | bloglovin


    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't go wrong with b&w, and love the converse :)

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your hair, your blog is amazing!
    http://twinvibes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really am grateful for each and every comment I get. Do leave me your blog link if you'd like me to check out your blog!

Feel free to contact me if you've any questions or comments at: maribranicio@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...