10 Aug 2013

weekend plans

After a week of strict dress code following and uniform wearing, it is finally the weekend. That time of the week most of us look forward to. Whether it be to catch up on some sleep or to spend some quality time with the ones we love. To make all of this even better there is also the freedom to wear what your heart desires. So here are some outfits fit for some of the activities I'm busying myself with this weekend.

going to the flower market
Going to the flower market. I've recently moved apartments here in Singapore and just a block away there is this supper cute flower market I have yet to visit. So this weekend I've decided to take some time to get myself some fresh flowers. For this I wanted to pick something soft and light so I had to go with some high waisted white shorts. I've been wanting some high waisted shorts for what seems like forever and now I finally have a pair! As you may or may not know, striped shirts are one of my all time go-to pieces (as seen in my previous ootd post), making it the perfect fit for this casual outfit. Add some comfy lazer cut flats and a few stackable rings and we're good to go. For makeup I like keeping it simple so it's just some easy mascara and eyeliner for this girl.

poolside reading
Some poolside reading. Possibly one of the most enjoyable places to do some revising or leisure reading has to be by the pool. Blue skies, natural lighting and fresh air always makes for a perfect afternoon. Keeping things simple, I usually just throw on a bright bikini, some denim shorts on top and some simple white havaianas. Normally I would be caught reading a thriller, there is just something about these fast-passed-can't-put-down books that always leave me wanting more. Fun fact: the book above, 'Life Expectancy' has to be one of my favourite reads of the year so far. It is one of those, love it or hate it type of books and I truly enjoyed it, you should check it out if you get the chance.
sushi movie night

Movie night and dinner with the family. To spend some quality time with my family this weekend, we went to the cinema then got some dinner (if it was up to me it would have been sushi). I chose to wear some grey skinny jeans paired with a light chiffon button up top. Paired with some monochrome converse, a long sleeve top to stay warm at the movies and a few stackable rings. Comfortable while still looking good. What more could one need? 

So these are just a few things I'm doing or have done this weekend,
now I want to know, what are your weekend plans? 

link to all the items on my polyvore 
x- M

5 comments:

  1. Great outfit sets, I love using Polyvore for inspiration!

    ♡ veena | seveninchstilettos.com
    twitter/instagram: @veenamccoole

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice <3 your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute ideas, my favorite is #1 :)

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are all such fun looks! you have a really cute blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. Great outfit sets. Thumbs up!

    // Patrick Pankalla
    www.bypankalla.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really am grateful for each and every comment I get. Do leave me your blog link if you'd like me to check out your blog!

Feel free to contact me if you've any questions or comments at: maribranicio@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...