30 Oct 2013

Thakoon Addition | NYFW SS '14


Thakoon, Thakoon Addition, spring summer, runway show, new york fashion week, singapore fashion blog, review, style.com
Thakoon, Thakoon Addition, spring summer, runway show, new york fashion week, singapore fashion blog, review, style.com
Thakoon, Thakoon Addition, spring summer, runway show, new york fashion week, singapore fashion blog, review, style.com

New York fashion week is probably my favourite out of all. There is such a vibe of freedom and fun that is present in all the collections that walk the runways. Whether it be the unexpected fabrics used or the ever so flawless reinvented cuts and designs. This was quite evident in my opinion in the beautiful Thakoon Addition spring summer '14 collection.

 African layering meets athletic spirit in this ready to wear collection and it was executed just right. Adding extra fabric is not always the most flattering, especially for these spring summer collections, but the sewing of two tops into one actually worked very well. The shirt-dress, popular among many of the NYFW shows, made its appearance here as a perfect example of the collection's theme - the layering of the dress over the skirt inspired by the "way African women wrap and layer fabrics together" and the addition of "sportif element" done with the dash of cobalt blue

Another thing I love about this collection is how they implemented the timeless colour combo of black and white. Then again, what isn't there to love about a high waisted mini skirt- long sleeve crop top combination? (see centre photo// I just love it!) In addition to this, I really like how these skin bearing pieces cleverly balance out the rest of the layered designs in the collection. And I wouldn't be done if I did not mention how I'm completely adoring these platforms shoes. Both the monochrome and the washed-out-grey and white ones deserve to go on my wishlist - a girl can dream...

So, what do you think about this collection? 

xx
-Mariana
photos via style.com

3 comments:

  1. This is casual perfection ... that cropped sleeve moto jacket is amazing

    www.primpedandprimed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woow, I think it's amazing! Very nice choice :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really am grateful for each and every comment I get. Do leave me your blog link if you'd like me to check out your blog!

Feel free to contact me if you've any questions or comments at: maribranicio@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...