29 Nov 2013

Things I've been loving


photos from various tumblrs

So we are at the end of November (!) so why not end this month with a little inspiration and a some reflecting on some of the things I've really been enjoying this month. So here are just few of the things that have made this month a little better than usual:

Free time. To read more, write more, exercise more,catch up with my favourite series, hang out with the people I care about and to do things I've been meaning to do for so long but always made the excuse of- "I've got no time". These include: do a painting my parents have been asking for so long, join a choir, visit more museums and help out more. Another thing I love about having more free time is being able to just daydream; ponder over the smallest and the largest of things.

 Catching Fire, surprise surprise! After being slightly frustrated because I was at camp when the movie first came out, I had no problem going on a mother-daughter-date to watch it in cinemas yesterday. The movie did not disappoint. I was very impressed with the movie interpretation of the book (which is my favourite in the series) even though parts and details were left out. In my opinion the acting was superb and even stronger than in the first movie. Overall the movie felt more rich as it dived even deeper into the themes of the Hunger Games. A thoroughly compelling, gripping and though provoking movie you should go see. 

Seeing winter from afar. As you may know, I live in this tropical island of Singapore (some of you probably do too!) and that means no snow and definitely no layers upon layers of clothing for us. As you may also know, I'm a bit of a tumblr and instagram addict.Which means that snow filled street and outfit photos consisting of vests, jackets, coat and knee high boots are popping up everywhere on my feeds. As much as I am in awe of the beauty of these places and the fashion these people are sporting I would much rather enjoy it from the distance. These negative degrees Celsius places are not for me.

Sleeping in, probably one of my favourite perks of being on holiday. There really is nothing like getting the rest your body needs and has been asking for for so long. (Yes, maybe it is just because I am not a big morning person hahah)

What have you currently been loving?

+ for those who celebrate it, Happy Thanksgiving! 

xx
-Mariana

5 comments:

  1. amazing inspirations! good quality :) good things 'to do' in december! i believe you will do everything :)
    follow you & wait fo new posts!

    your polish friend,
    anecia & roses ♥ blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics!
    Do you want us to follow each other? Let me know!
    <3
    http://irinabulgakova.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures. Same I love free time too! Sometimes I get too carried away with free time and procrastinate with more important stuff. Great post xxx

    www.niviisdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE YOUR BLOG!
    I stumbled across it today and I love it!
    I'd love it if you could check out my blog; I'm a new follower :)

    www.DreamInspireDesire.blogspot.com

    xo
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Mariana!! Yess I agree with you. Catching Fire was awesome! I finished the book a few weeks ago and just saw the movie. Loved. It.

    -B
    www.mighty-bside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really am grateful for each and every comment I get. Do leave me your blog link if you'd like me to check out your blog!

Feel free to contact me if you've any questions or comments at: maribranicio@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...