21 Feb 2014

sports luxe at Chanel


Sure, New York Fashion is now under way and couture week is slowly being drowned out by all the fresh new autumn/winter '14 collections. However, I think it's better late then never to share with ya'll one of my favourite details from the couture week.

You may remember a previous post I did on how to sport your sneakers outside of the gym. Which just touches the surface on how much I adore sport luxe outfits. So you can only imagine how mesmerized I was when I first saw these photos of the Chanel Spring 2014 couture show (on my instagram feed actually!) 


I must admit that at first I really was not a huge fan of this collection. I didn't really dig those corseted midriff and the overall silhouettes were not my cup of tea. However, I definitely was more content when it came to the romantic colour scheme, the luxurious fabrics and most importantly - those shoes. This was actually one of the first times I've seen sports luxe come together in a single piece so well. Lace, pearls and tweeds, I found it hard to pick my favourite pair of sneakers. What I thought really tied them together though were the shoe laces (pun unintended); all in a delicate sheer fabric. 


Chanel collections that fuses contradicting ideas, in this case sporty luxe, do usually result in wonders. Especially for this fusion. Coco Chanel can be said to be the first designers to ever incorporate sporty elements to outfits in the 1920s so no wonder Karl's sports luxe pieces have such a unique yet classic feel to them. Also that liberating freedom which Coco brought in the '20s resonated in this collection too. Mostly though the models, which skipped down the staircase in such a carefree manner. I loved it! It gave the collection a more youthful vibe and an almost ready-to-wear like feel to the ensembles.   

What are your thoughts on this collection?
photos via style.com

xx
-Mariana

 facebook | twitter | bloglovin' | instagram | tumblr  

1 comment:

  1. lovely sneaker collection
    thanks for sharing <3
    I adore your blog, keep on doing this wonderful thing you do here.
    I had to follow you, you have a new fan now <3
    Hope you may visit my blog,too
    Your Amely Rose from:
    http://thebizarrebirdcage.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really am grateful for each and every comment I get. Do leave me your blog link if you'd like me to check out your blog!

Feel free to contact me if you've any questions or comments at: maribranicio@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...